Sedgwick House Museum (740)633-5046 - 627 Hanover St. (Rt. 7, Hanover St. Exit) Contains materials pertaining to the area in and surrounding Martins Ferry. The town had its inception in 1787 when the ground upon which the city is located was purchased by Captain Absalom Martin, one of the surveyors of the Seven Ranges of the Northwest Territory. Absalom started operating a ferry in 1789. Thus, the name Martins Ferry. In 1835, his son Ebenezer platted and laid out the town. The museum is open by appointment, from 12-4 p.m. May through September, call (740) 633-5559 or (740)633-3034. Admission.
Walnut Grove Cemetery (Rt. 7 North, Hanover St. Exit, north on Fourth St.) Dating from 1795, the cemetery is Martins Ferry's oldest pioneer landmark. It is the resting place of the Zane and Martin families. The Betty Zane Statue is a reminder of the heroine of the last battle of Fort Henry. Open dawn to dusk.
Grandma's Candy & Gifts (108 S. Fourth St.) 740-310-1302.